Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Will I miss my flight?

I am going to Amsterdam via Singapore on 23/01/09, 10.50pm. I will go from KL to Singapore by Air Asia, there are two flights which reach Singapore Airport 5.50pm and 8.50pm.





If I take the Air Asia which reach Singapore at 8.50pm, will I have enough time to check in the KLM flight to Amsterdam? Do I need to check out at custom then re-check in, how long time it will take for me to done at custome? Or I can get off from Air Asia flight then directly rush to KLM check in counter?





Thank you in advance for your help.





- Mint -





Will I miss my flight?


Hi Isw





Strongly suggest to take the arrival 5.50pm flight.





The airasia plane arrive at Changi 1,you need to physically retrive your luggages,clear custom,immigration and get into Changi??? 1?.2? or 3? for KLM flight.





Check in to get boarding pass from KLM counter(which terminal?)and clear immigration all which will required some time.





You also need to buffer in for flight delay from KL to Singapore.





Would suggest for an earlier flight(5.50pm) for ease of mind



Will I miss my flight?


better do the 5.50pm flight otherwise it is too tight





you don%26#39;t need to clear immigration since it land at Terminal 1, you can move between the 3 terminals within the transit areas. but I think you still need to collect your luggage and check in for your Amsterdam flight





changiairport.com/changi/鈥3




Oh, yes! I totally forgot we have to collect the luggage first.





Ok, I think the Air Asia from KL should be arrived at Terminal 1? Then the KLM depart for Amsterdam also in Terminal 1, will I have enough time if I want to take the 8.50pm arrived flight?





What is the whole process for me to get off from Air Asia flight till I board the KLM? (sorry for this stupid question as I never use transit before)





Thank you in advance for your help.





- Mint -




1) You should take the 5.50pm flight. The 8.50pm flight is too risky should AirAsia be delayed. It will be too stressful.





2) Yes, both flights operate out of Terminal 1.





3) After you arrive, clear immigration, collect luggage, clear customs. Go up 1 level to the Departure Hall, check the display boards for your KLM flight check-in counter. Proceed to check-in counter. However, it may not be open for check-in at 6:30pm. You can take your time for the whole process if your AirAsia flight arrives on schedule.




Leopang, Crescentra, Kevin,





Thank you very much for all of your info. I have first plan to take the 5.50pm flight, just thought if I have chance to save 1 day annual leave :p



Now have no choice, as you say for peace of mind... 5.50pm is the best choice.





Would you also help me - instead of walking and visiting Changi airport till departure, is there any place I can go for dinner (foodcourt), shopping eg Tampines (I think this is the nearest place to airport?) for a short period or you think stay in Changi airport is enough to kill time?







p/s: is the MRT station is operate in Changi airport already?





- Mint -




I found the other topic which discuss about foodcourt/hawker center near airport. Please ignore my question.





Thank you.





- Mint -




MRT station has operate in Changi airport..



It is @ T2




Thanks pikarat, then is easier for me to have dinner in Bedok! If I%26#39;m not mistake, there is a nice fried KuewTeoh, have to double confirm with friends first.





Thank you.





- Mint -




If u taken MRT..



just right outside Bedok MRT, there is a hawker centre..



alot of good food there..





just go for the longest Q..





:D





If u reach Bedok during noon time.. u can walk to Blk 216 hawker centre..





Don%26#39;t miss the coffee.. forever long Q.




actually I don%26#39;t think you have that much time, personally I would not get too far from the airport





you reach singapore at 7pm and clearing immigration and recheck-in would take you to close to 8pm and you have to board at 10.30pm? 2.5hrs is probably what you have, it rather tight, unless you have never experienced a hawker center. I would not take any chances to miss the flight





the airport is huge and enough things to occupy, and free internet terminals


  • nyx cosmetic
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment