Monday, April 23, 2012

a nice hotel for 2 weeks

I booked flights to Singapore, and me and my fiance are now spending 2 weeks there in April.



Since 2 weeks is a bit longer time, we thought we would now get a bit better hotel. So no one star hotels this time.



Are the any recommedations? The hotel doesn%26#39;t have to be right in the orchard since I%26#39;ve understood the public transport is quite good there. But we want the hotel to be clean and the kind we can enjoy staying in for two weeks.



I was thinking about Hotel Re, and taken that it%26#39;s new and still quite cheap, can I find anything better? And including the taxes etc, it would be nice if the room price would still stay under 200 S$ for one night.



a nice hotel for 2 weeks


The SHA villa is actually one of Singapore%26#39;s most pleasant surprises... Housed in a charming colonial villa, within a few minutes walk from both Orchard Road and the Singapore River, this lovely boutique hotel is actually run by students of the international hotel and tourism college, who really try hard to prove themselves...





Otherwise, there are some nice and romantic boutique hotels in Chinatown (that are housed in restored old houses) which can fit into your budget : Hotel 1929 and Chinatown Hotel should do the job... and so does the Perak Hotel in Little India (another nice boutique hotel)





There is an excellent %26#39;Singapore Hotel and Accomodation Guide%26#39; in www.metropolasia.com and they also have plenty of other travel-related information about Singapore.



a nice hotel for 2 weeks


Any of these hotels are more than acceptable, my preference is the Albert Court, I like the location, it%26#39;s style, and the value for money. Have a look and see what you think. I%26#39;ve got another six weeks (March 1st) before I return to Singapore and the Albert Court Hotel, I%26#39;m just like a kid waiting for Santa Ha Ha. Alan.





http://www.albertcourt.com.sg/




it would be lovely if u can have a pool coz it is a 2 weeks stay.





For location, I would prefer Ibis Bencoolen to Hotel Re. This Ibis is brand new if u r looking for location and nice new rooms.





The other one to consider for the same type of hotel like Hotel Re is CityHub (in my book, this hotel is better not only coz the standard rooms r larger than the super tiny Hotel Re which stands at 14 sq m while CityHub is at 20 sq m, location is also more ideal as u can walk around easily at night while hotel re is not convenient), both hotels are pricing at the same rate.





Now, a brand new boutique hotel that is opening up in Feb 2009 is Santa Grand Little India, looks great (design and decor wise) and within your budget. They also have a Bugis location but I have yet to find any details on that. Will let u know when I hear anything.





Now, back to a hotel with a pool, I would seriously consider Copthorne Orchid due to the quiet location (esp. for 2 weeks !) and the facilities/quality for the price (S$185 all in but look around to see if u can get a better deal, this is offered direct from the hotel so I would recommend that u contact them directly and negotiate that with that price, throw in complimentary breakfast or better price without breakfast, most hotels in this city offer a better break if u stay 2 weeks)





The other hotel I would highly recommend is the Quality hotel. Again, I would contact them directly to negotiate a package.





GOod Luck !




I second the Copthorne Orchid and Quality Hotel recommendations. Both are out of the city, but have access to good transport, and are reasonably priced for longer stays. Quality Hotel has an outdoor rooftop pool.

No comments:

Post a Comment