Monday, April 23, 2012

Swissotel Stamford vs Marina Mandarin. Which would u choose?

Hi all,





Any thoughts as to which hotel would be a better option? e.g Room size? Which more modern? (i.e not tired and worn out)





I know they are both fairly close. Booking through Singapore Stopover so both hotels for the same rate.





Any advice would be much appreciated.





Thanks very much in advance.



Swissotel Stamford vs Marina Mandarin. Which would u choose?


For me I would choose the Marina Mandarin. As you rightly said, the rooms are about the same. What%26#39;s left to consider is just the location and the food! The food at MM is better and so I go for it.





However, some would loved the Stamford as it is situated just above the MRT. Great accessibility. In addition, if you managed to get a top floor room... then go for it! The view should be fantastic. =)



Swissotel Stamford vs Marina Mandarin. Which would u choose?


Personally, I prefer the MM for room quality (I am big on nice bathrooms so to rate a hotel, that is one of my top priority).





Overall design, M.M is more modern and update in design, since their renovation, good bathrooms, linen (bath and bed), color themes, etc.





S.S. still maintains the 90s luxury design which is still luxury with marble bath etc but with all the good luxury hotels in town catching up with the new trend and renovated, SS really should update too.





So, if u r paying the same price, I would recommend M.M for an overall better quality.





Good Luck




Agreed MM is better quality but the Stamford is far better located with the MRT Station. If your ecpectin to take taxi%26#39;s every where then go for the MM. Staying at the Stamford makes poping back to your hotel to freshen up with the heat every few hours much easier and cheaper.




Hi all, thanks for your advice. Really appreciate your comments and time :)





Still a tough decision, but i%26#39;m leaning toward Mankster%26#39;s advice re more convenient location. I stayed at Fairmont a few years ago when it was still Raffles Plaza and the location was brilliant, but out of my price range now :)





Thanks Suying and de last one for your comments also. Looks like I may have to sacrifice some quality for location.





Cheers %26amp; have a great Weekend!




I am going through the same exercise regarding picking a hotel in Singers.





I would agree with you that hotel location (for me) trumps hotel quality (but only slightly).




Yep Tommy, it%26#39;s a tough choice. Believe me, I would rather comfort/luxury any day but will be in Singapore end of May and I think the humidity will be a major factor. So Swissotel, with it%26#39;s undercover, airconditioned walkways to the MRT, may just win out. If there was a big difference between the rooms/hotel then I may opt for the more luxurious.





Hope you have a great time in Singapore! I can%26#39;t wait to go back :)

No comments:

Post a Comment