Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Palau Ubin, Chek Jawa, Sungei Buloh

Hi! I%26#39;ve got a 3.5-day trip in Singapore, and one place I%26#39;d like to spend time is Palau Ubin. Our (me + g/f) plan is to rent bikes to go around the island some, and go to Chek Jawa. Has anyone been to these places?





I%26#39;m trying to get an idea of how much time to allot to this part of our journey. I guess we%26#39;ll only spend a couple of hours biking. How much time should I leave to Chek Jawa? We will be doing the self-tour (guided tours are booked already).





Has anyone been to the Sungei Buloh Wetlands? Worth checking out if we are already going to Chek Jawa (which I believe has some wetlands too)? How much time for that?





Any other tips and recommendations for Palau Ubin?





Is there anywhere to eat on the island? We might go in the morning and stay until the afternoon.





THANKS!



Palau Ubin, Chek Jawa, Sungei Buloh


Not sure that I can be a great deal of help but for what it is worth we have been to Pulau Ubin.





We often stop off in Singapore on trips to Europe. We sometimes stay at Changi Village as we are not into shopping!!





It is easy to catch a ferry from Changi Village to Pulau Ubin. Boats go when they are full so not to a timetable. They will check your bags when you come back into Changi Village port but nothing serious.





I don%26#39;t ride bikes (I never learnt!) but there are plenty on offer. There are food stalls etc and it is a lovely break from the hustle %26amp; bustle of Singapore.





Can%26#39;t advise about Chek Jawa as I%26#39;m not sure whether we went there. We just caught a bum boat from Changi Village to Pulau Ubin, had a nice walk round, went back to the wharf %26amp; waited a while for a boat to go back to Changi Village.





The weather was pleasant but that is about early September but seemed cooler than Singapore itself.





Good Luck,



Anne.



Palau Ubin, Chek Jawa, Sungei Buloh


Thanks for your help, Anne! Seems like time is easily managed at Pulau Ubin...





For anyone else out there... just to get a better understanding of how to handle Pulau Ubin, seems like I can bike around the island easily. And then cycle back to Chek Jawa, lock my bike up and walk around that reserve. Is that right?





I%26#39;m setting a pretty crazy schedule for us -- Sentosa (Underwater World/Dolphins), Sungei Buloh Wetlands, Night Safari one day; Pulau Ubin/Chek Jawa the next. Is that animal/nature overload??





Does anyone who has been to both think that I should pick ONLY Sungei Buloh or Chek Jawa? Any preference on which?





Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment