Thursday, April 19, 2012

Looking for a VERY QUIET & CLEAN hotel - Have u been in one?

I have been reading through a lot of the Singapore hotels reviews and still cannot find the type of hotel I am looking for.... can you help???





Basically, my %26#39;only%26#39; requirements are:





VERY QUIET room (where you do not hear the corridors or the people next door)





VERY CLEAN





CLOSE to MRT (preferably)





SOUNDPROOFING - this seem to be a big problem in Singapore as even the expensive hotels seem to get quite a few reviews mentioning the poor soundproofing (being able to hear noise from next door rooms and from the corridors). Being a very light sleeper, the QUIET part is, therefore, of major importance to me.





As for other luxuries - I will be walking a LOT - love exploring the streets during the day - so I do not need a swimming pool, the stunning lobby, the fabuluous restaurant, the room service or the gym. I have been in Singapore before - food is cheap and easy to find everywhere (even the large supermarkets have lots of great fresh and yummy stuff such as sushi- I wish we had the same in Perth!!!) and public transport is just AMAZING (loved it!). There are lots of things I would love to see and explore, so will use the hotel as a resting point only.





My budget will not allow me the very expensive hotels but even if it did, I don%26#39;t feel that comfortable in top hotels - I find them way too snobby, %26#39;over the top%26#39; and not very relaxing. Something mid range or a simpler place will be great.





A very QUIET and CLEAN room with a comfy bed in a convenient location, therefore, is what I am looking for - but that seems to be the hardest to find in Singapore!!!....







If you have stayed in a hotel with a good soundfroofing, clean and close to public transport - please share this information :-)!!!...





THANKS :-)



Looking for a VERY QUIET %26amp; CLEAN hotel - Have u been in one?


Hello LaSunny,



I stayed in the RE! last September and loved it. O.K. the rooms are a bit small but beautifully finished with a very comfortable bed, quality pillows, fridge and a BIG lcd t.v. The rooms and hotel in general are spotless, I would go as far as to say it%26#39;s the cleanest place I%26#39;ve ever had the pleasure to stay in. The Area is very peaceful and safe with the bonus of a lovely little park on the doorstep. The next time I%26#39;m in Singapore I will look no further than the RE! and would recommend it. I had no problems with noise while I was there, like yourself I prefer a hotel that%26#39;s peaceful at night and the RE! also ticked that box.



Hope this helps, all the best,



Billy.



Looking for a VERY QUIET %26amp; CLEAN hotel - Have u been in one?


Hey there,





I%26#39;ve stayed in a number of hotels in Singapore and can vouch for a few of them being both quiet and clean.





Last year I stayed at the Carlton and found it to be quiet and clean. I was treated well there and liked my room well enough (great view). It was quiet and I didn%26#39;t hear a sound from anyone else while in my room.





The Grand Copthorne Waterfront offered me a great deal a couple of years ago, and I found it to be excellent, although it is a bit removed from Orchard Road or some of the other shopping areas. Very clean and quiet, although it has become more expensive during the last couple of years.





I had a great stay at Changi Village (out by the airport). Not great for exploring the city, but for stopovers I would happily recommend this property.





I%26#39;ll be staying at the Royal Plaza on Scotts in about ten days. I have heard only great things about it from friends and colleagues, and the location is tough to beat (close to Orchard Road and transit). I got a great rate of $120 a night.





Two of the loudest hotels I have stayed at (so they obviously would not fit your criteria) are the Peninsula Excelsior and the Parkroyal on Beach Road. At the Parkroyal I swear I could clearly hear every word uttered by guests in adjacent rooms. Too bad, because the pool there is nice.





Anyway, hope a couple of these thoughts help. I wish you all the best!




Hi Sunny





Try this new hotel at dickson



http://www.hotel81.com.sg/




We stay at the Albert Court Hotel every time we visit Singapore, and we%26#39;ve never been disturbed by noise, it%26#39;s very clean, and the beds are fine.





As in all things it%26#39;s only a matter of opinion, for me it%26#39;s a balance of cost over requirements. If you want the very best, again a matter of opinion, then pay top dollar.





It%26#39;s a warm, friendly, comfortable hotel and good value for money.











http://www.albertcourt.com.sg/





Read the reviews, most are good, some not so. We choose this hotel at random, and very plesed we are, and would never stay anywhere else, (unless things change dramatically)





Opinions are like backsides, we all have one, but they%26#39;re all different. Happy holiday. Alan




Sorry forgot to post reviews. Here they are.





tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g294265-d306155…




The hotel in Scotts is that 120 singapore dollars a night and what does that include?




Hey There,





Sorry the $120 is USD (I should have clarified). But it includes all taxes and any other fees (my reservation doesn%26#39;t mention breakfast, so I%26#39;m assuming it doesn%26#39;t include it - I need to double-check this). Either way, this is a great rate for this hotel.





I booked it through the travel offers on Air Canada. I booked my flight through through AC, but I think anyone can book hotels through them even if you don%26#39;t have a flight. They have some very good deals.



Hope this clarifies. :)




Thank you, guys, your replies are great; thank you for providing all that useful information!!!





I will check the reviews for the hotels you have mentioned.





Regarding one of the comments - as I actually mentioned, I am not looking for the best hotel or the fanciest - I am just looking for a very quiet %26amp; clean room in a convenient location (does not need to be near the shopping, just very close to public transport). And, from what I can see from reading quite a lot of reviews, what you pay does not necessarily is what you get especially in regard to a quiet night%26#39;s sleep.





Have a happy 2009




Hi LaSunny,





Very quiet is hard to find anywhere!!





Why not just choose a fantastic hotel and buy a $3 pair of ear plugs. Works for me.





Denise



Australia




Dear LaSunny,





From where I come from, Singapore is like pin drop silent. But also, compared to Bangkok, KL or Hongkong (other great cities of Asai), Singapore is clinically quiet.





Infact, I believe there was a campaign sometime back, to eradicate ';crows%26#39; in S%26#39;pore... as they are known to create high decibel noise.





Which other country does that??





Have you checked out Traders Hotel?



Very quiet, and taxis always available. Am surprised on the comments on Park Royal on Beach Road. We loved it, especially the walk down Arab Street, which is right opposite.





Peace %26amp; Shanti,



Woody

No comments:

Post a Comment