Monday, April 16, 2012

First time in SIngapore...itinerary ok?

I will be traveling to Sin for my first time on business this upcoming July. Even though I love to walk and walk and sightsee as a tourist, my business meeting will give me no time at all to explore the island.





I will arrive at Changi very early in the morning (7:45 am) and check into my hotel. I have all of that day to explore. However, the next day I am in meetings for 10 days straight which gives me no time to explore! Only at nights which is not the same as during the day.





After my 10 day trip I am taking a small detour to KL to visit that city for 2 days and then I am returning by bus to SIN to catch a night flight out.





Do you think I should stay in Singapore an extra day or 2 to take in different sights, or is one day and the 10 nights enough for sightseeing?





Again, I love to walk around, I even wanted to visit the HDB estates, Sentosa, Orchard Street and Chinatown to get a feel for the real Singapore.





Thanks for all your pointers!!



First time in SIngapore...itinerary ok?


I would forget K.L. if I were you. Two days there is neither here nor there, and as travel will occupy much of both those days. I would respectfully suggest your time would be better spent, and infinately more relaxing, after ten days of hard work, by enjoying Singapore whilst you are there.





Whatever you decide I hope you enjoy. Alan.



First time in SIngapore...itinerary ok?


tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i8282-Suggested…




Well Singapore is kind of sleepy most of the morning - things don%26#39;t start to come alive until 11ish anyway. So at least you ain%26#39;t missing much by being at work in the mornings!!!





I think you should stay in Singapore the two days and relax - after all of those meetings to be honest. There is plenty to do at night though - if you spend 2-3 hours strolling around.





1. Go to the Long Bar at Raffles for a Singapore Sling and throw those peanuts all over the floor - you may as well make a mess because you are paying through the nose.





2. Check out the great atmosphere of Chimes in the evening. All the trees are lit up and you dine in a lovely central garden area surrounded by gorgeous architecture. Mainly expats and tourists eating there - but nevertheless it%26#39;s very nice.





3. Go to Boat quay at night and eat along the river.





4. Go to Clarke Quat at night. If you dare go on the reverse bungy.





5. Do a Singapore River Cruise at night





6. Go to the night safari.





7. Go shopping on orchard.





8. Night China Town visit.





9. Walk around the Esplanade Mall, Merlion, Fullerton, river etc and have a look at all of the construction going on at marina Bay





Now for the days off - you should go the orchid garden at the Singapore Botanic Gardens, go on the hop on hop off bus, go over to Sentosa by cable car.




I agree with everything Xiantraveller says. There is so much to see in Singapore that it would be wasting a valuable opportunity by using your time going to KL. I hope you really enjoy your trip.




By all means go to the shopping malls in HDB estates at night. They onlt hot up after 6.00 p.m. and most close at 10.00 p.m. Most of the morning and afternoon, these malls are visited only by students and housewives. So you won%26#39;t miss much. Visit one to experience real daily living by Singaporeans in these malls. Beside people watching, they also provide cheap shopping, eating and movies options. Bigger malls are found in HDB estates like Tampines (30-45 mins MRT ride from town), Ang Mo Kio (20-30 mins), Woodlands (45 mins), etc. So, you can do much in those 10 nights, if you are not too tired after your meetings. Alternatively, there are also plenty of big malls and night markets to do in city centre and chinatown/ little india areas. Or dip in your hotel pool for relaxation. Or visit a foot reflexology centre for some massage in city or in HDB estate malls.




Definitely give KL a miss with the time you have. You can enjoy 10 nights of Singapore eating and shopping but you would benefit by spending your free days in Singapore. So much to see and do we keep going back year after year and still haven%26#39;t seen everything. KL is OK if you have plenty of time and maybe take the train there and back like we did a great experience. You will find the time difference will knock you out for a day or so going anyway so don%26#39;t try to do too much.




The night safari isnt really that great but all the others are a must!




Hi there,





Singapore is a great city-state and there%26#39;s a lot to see... If you can, spare at least another two days... you won%26#39;t regret it.





For some suggested itineraries and DIY city tours, try this link: www.metropolasia.com/index2.php…





bon voyage




Just wanted to say I have not been to Singapore either. Due there in a couple of weeks. I have however been to KL and with the exception of the Towers we didn%26#39;t really get much from the city. The shopping is good but given I am an average sized UK woman the sizing is tiny so it was only good for accessories for me!





Not trying to put you off but Singapore defo seems to have way more to do and see.





Have a good trip!


  • rimmel
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment