Thursday, April 19, 2012

Hawker centres

Hi can any body tell me what hawker centres are near the marina mandarin. I have been to the east many times but this is my first visit to Singapore. I love to eat with the locals and apart from fish head curry and chilli crab are there any other dishes I should try, I like it hot!!



Another more tricky question I had family in China a few months ago and they bought back a silk duvet for a fraction of the cost that your could buy in the UK, does anybody know if you could buy one in Singapore if so where and any idea of the cost?



Sorry one last question I will be going to Raffles but unsure if I should just have a drink in the bar or go for afternoon tea / tiffin any recommendations and any other suggestions would be great.



Thank you in advance.





Hawker centres


Here%26#39;s a list of some of the most popular %26#39;%26#39;Hawkers%26#39;%26#39;, by and large they are popular because they%26#39;re good, but many of the smaller, less well known ones, are every bit as good, and some better. Hawker%26#39;s have photo%26#39;s of many of their dishes, and the prices displayed.





visitsingapore.com/publish/stbportal/en/home鈥?/a>





As regards Raffles, having a drink, in say, %26#39;%26#39;The Long Bar%26#39;%26#39;, or having %26#39;%26#39;Tiffin%26#39;%26#39; are two different experiences, why not do both ?





I wouldn%26#39;t think, but I don%26#39;t know, that anything in Singapore is going to be less expensive than China. Anything of any quality in Singapore is going to cost, it%26#39;s no, longer the %26#39;%26#39;cheap%26#39;%26#39; place it was when I first went there in the sixties.





Hope this helps. Alan.



Hawker centres


Hawker Centre are Non AirCon Food Court: The nearest is Queen Street Food centre (Temporary locate just above Bugis MRT on Queen Street), the other nearby is either Chinatown Smith Street Food Centre (My favourite), Hong Lim Food Centre %26amp; Maxwell food Centre.





You can check this Blog for wat to eat at the various Hawker Centre I mention above:



http://ieatishootipost.sg/





Aircon food Court, You can try Food Loft on the 4th floor of Marina Square Food Centre, Basement Food Court at suntec City Tower 4 %26amp; Avoid Republic Food Court at Suntec City Mall.





As for the Silk Duvet, U can try Yue Hwa Departmental Store in Chinatown (Locate above Chinatown MRT station)http://www.yuehwa.com.sg/



Dunno the cost but definitely will be more expensive than china.





For an experience, just have a Singapore Sling at the Long Bar (go up the stairs %26amp; U can listen to the Live Band playing).





Have a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment