Thursday, March 29, 2012

who to book hotel with

which is the best uk travel agent to book singapore hotels with,,does anyone know of any special deals /



thanks



who to book hotel with


I%26#39;m afraid you have to do your homework. Compare like with like, travel agents with travel agents. All have different targets, different offers, different expertise.



There%26#39;s no %26#39;%26#39;one size fits all%26#39;%26#39; Try checking with on-line companies, Asia.com, Expedia, etc, or even the hotels direct, or the airlines that do %26#39;%26#39;packages%26#39;%26#39;. Make the research part of the fun. Remembering He/she who does their research, WINS.





Hope this helps. Alan.



who to book hotel with


If you are comfortable with on-line agents, I have successfully used www.wotif.com and www.expedia.com in the past.




Hi,





wotif.com and its country specific sites, eg. wotif.com.au have always been reliable for my hotel bookings.




Thaqnks for your help, I will try it




asiarooms and asiatravel worked very well for me. never had problems, even for last minute changes on my booking.




thanks,,




I usually book directly with the hotel, as I feel like I have more leverage as opposed to a 3rd party vendor. :)




looked online ,booking direct with hotel, always appear that the hotel rates are moe expensive han the online agents?




From what I have seen there are a few more variables than just price, that may or may not be important.





I think the hotel has some discretion on what room to assign. Most hotels have a few small rooms that are close to a noisy elevator, or look out to a building a few feet away. Sometimes you can%26#39;t know all the details about a room from the 3rd party website. (or the hotel website either)





I would prefer not spending time on my holiday contacting the 3rd party vendor to resolve my dispute. For what it is worth, just my opinion though.




I tend to book through one of Kuoni, Trailfinders or Premier Travel - depending on exactly what hotels each offers any given year, and whether Im going to Singapore alone or attaching it to other travel.





I%26#39;ve not used Expedia, Travelocity or similar but I know people who have and they have always been happy with them as agents, although they don%26#39;t always get the best deals these days - they%26#39;ve always been beaten for flight costs to Singapore by the travel agents above whenever Ive been booking, which is about the only reason that I haven%26#39;t used them.





There can be considerable variance between them for a given hotel as it all depends on who they get the best deals with, so its shop around for the hotel you want, or reasonable alternatives. Deals change with time, so again its shop around. The more flexible you are on hotel and location the better the deal.





Another option is go direct with Singapore Airlines on their Stopover deal if it fits your needs. I find you need to book a fair way in advance if you are looking for more than a 3-5 day stay as they fill hotels on the odd day that can break up a longer stay. Again check the comparative prices and what you are getting for them.





Shopping around is the key to it...being sure that lower prices are getting you the same things is important too.

No comments:

Post a Comment