Thursday, March 29, 2012

Geylang Serai Malay village

Can anybody tell me if this particualr place or surrounding area is worth visiting.





Thanks





Geylang Serai Malay village


I generally think that the Village itself is not worth a separate visit.





The area around it has quite a bit of street food to sample.





It is worth a visit to eat some good Malay food at the resturant that I mentioned in your previous thread. :)



Geylang Serai Malay village


I totally agree.



The Malay Village is dead as a dodo now. The surrounding area has some Malay food eateries, a hawker centre, 2 run-of-the-mill shopping centres.





Expect a boring time.





The only time that area comes alive with a huge street bazaar is during the Muslim fasting month - around Sept.




Speaking as an outsider, I visited the Malay Village when I was in Singapore last year and I found that area quite interesting. As already stated the village itself is not impressive and you can see it all in half an hour but I found the area around it a little different from other parts of Sing.

No comments:

Post a Comment