Sunday, March 25, 2012

Ibis Hotel

There will be a new Ibis Hotel opening in February in Bencoolen Street, we are thinking of booking this as it is very good value on a room only basis. Is it walking distance to an MRT station and how long? Does anyone have any other information on this new hotel?





Ibis Hotel


I saw a TV interview with the manager recently, and they mentioned S$150 per night?





accorhotels.com/gb/…location.shtml





- they are an international chain I guess more in Europe. I stayed in one in France before, no frills but clean %26amp; comfortable and everything is working kind of place





the location is not too bad, I think you can work to Bugis Station - I estimate about 15minutes but honestly I would not walk this distance so I would choose somewhere closer to MRT. I think there is bus stop in front of the place, and at least 1 bus bring you to City Hall MRT (2-3 bus stops away)



Ibis Hotel


It is a 5-min walk to Bugis MRT. However, there are 2 bus stop in front of this hotel that serves Orchard Road area (Svc #65), Chinatown (Svc #147 and #166), City Hall (Svc #166 and #131), Suntec City and the Marina Bay area (Svc #56) and Raffles Place (Svc #131).





Ibis Hotels are basic but decent, comfortable and clean. There rooms use Ikea-like furnishings.




Just wondered whether anyone might know if the new Ibis @ Bencoolen is the one mentioned for the Singapore Airlines Stopover package? (Sorry to hijack thread!) Cheers.




Yes absolutely. Currently this is the one and only Ibis in Singapore. The building is currently work-in-progress (about 85% complete) and should be able to accomodate guests by mid-Feb%26#39;09.




Thanks Kevin - appreciate your response. I will be travelling to Singapore later in the year with my 16 year old son (who is 6%26#39;3';!) as a stopover on the way home from Seoul and can%26#39;t afford one of the D, E or F categories this time around.





But I thought we would participate in the SIA stopover package as it means we can take advantage of the other offers as well.





I looked at Hotel Re but at 14 metres squared I think the room would be just a bit too cozy for me and my big child!!:) Hoping the new Ibis might be a better bet! Cheers!




The rooms at Ibis aren%26#39;t going to be any much bigger as the Ibis hotel chain are budget hotels.





There are about 538 rooms over 16 levels which means about 34 rooms on each floor.





The location of Ibis is way much better than Hotel Re!.




Hi,





The new Ibis is near the Rendezvous Hotel isn%26#39;t it (5 mins walk)?




Yes, correct. 5 mins down Bencoolen Street.




Kevin,





Thanks for that. I like that area along Bras Basah Road and Bencoolen Street. Ibis room prices look good so far. Checked the Accor website and they were going for Aust$128, about SGD$129, that was for either queen or twin room. Breakfast was an optional $15 extra. Best deal in town at the moment.



I don%26#39;t mind Ibis, I used them occasionally in Europe last year - predictable, reasonable quality and in pretty good locations.

No comments:

Post a Comment