Friday, April 13, 2012

Changi Connectio Between Terminals- time too short?

After flying LAX to LHR arriving LHR at 11:25am, I am taking an 18:15 flight from LHR to SIN (Changi)on Singpore Air which arrives at 14:55 pm (+1 day) in Terminal 3 (I believe). My outbound flight to Siem Reap, Cambodia is scheduled for 16:10 pm from Terminal 2 on the same day. Will both I and my luggage make the connection successfully, and if so, what steps must I take to assist the process goes smoothly?





Thanks!



Changi Connectio Between Terminals- time too short?


The 3 terminals%26#39; restricted zones are connected ';internally'; by a short (3-5 mins) passenger train ride on the SkyTrain; you do not pass through Immigration/Customs.





Effectively you walk from your arriving plane in one terminal, take a short train ride on the SkyTrain to the other terminal, then walk to your departing plane. That would take you probably 30 mins.





You do not collect your luggages, or pass through Immigration/Customs. I believe you may have to go to your departing Airline%26#39;s counter (inside the restricted zone) to check-in for your connecting flight.





[Note: The above would not apply if you are using the Budget Terminal; this is not connected ';internally'; to Terminals 1, 2 , or 3.]



Changi Connectio Between Terminals- time too short?


It depends of what airline you will be flying to Cambodia with. If it is with Silkair you should be able to have you bags checked to you final destination and be given your boarding passes at LHR. So all you will need to do is make your way to the gate (about 10min total trasfer time) after you land. If it is with another full service airline that maintains a check in desk at the Transfer counter airside, you need to make your way there to have your bags transfered and collect your boarding pass; then proceed to the gate. If you flying via budget airline that doesn%26#39;t have a counter in Transfers, you will need to clear immigration collect your bags and go to your airline check in desk (which may have closed by then, as it will be very close to departure time).




Thank you both SO much! The flight to Siem Reap is on Silk Air. So, will I have to collect my luggage, clear customs and immigration in London then and re-check in with Singapore Air, with my luggage, to have it booked straight through to Siem Reap with Silk Air? Or, since I am flying United to London from Los Angeles, and Singapore Air and United are both Star Alliance members, will I be able to book my luggage straight through to the Silk Air flight to Siem Reap from Los Angeles?





Thank you again!





Nicole




Just found this site - maybe you can pose your query there, and get more definitive help:



www.sqtalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2




Yes you may well be able to havve your bags booked all the way if all the airlines are part of the same partnership. Ask when you check in at LAX.




I flew a couple of times from Paris to Cambodia with Singapore Airlines.



The first leg from Paris to Singapore is with SIA.



The second leg from Singapore to Cambodia is with Silkair (subsidiary of SIA).



It%26#39;s like flying with the same company:



- NO need to worry about my luggages, I just have to collect them once in Cambodia



- when checked in at Paris airport, I was given my Silkair bording pass





So I assume LAX to SR should be the same process.





Once at Changi, you%26#39;ll be within the transit area: no need to clear immigration. Just head directly to the boarding gate.

No comments:

Post a Comment