Friday, April 13, 2012

Hair braiding. Where and how much?

Our 2 girls have their hearts set on getting their hair in little plats. Can anyone tell me if and where they might be able to get this done and an approximate amount we should pay? Thanks



Hair braiding. Where and how much?


Hi,





Are you thinking of the whole head or just a few strands? I haven%26#39;t seen any one who does it here.





Singapore is more of a city than a typical beach resort, like the kind you find in Thailand or Bali or Malaysia.





So unless you are prepared to pay a bit more - head to a salon to get it done...well, then that might cost a bit, but I don%26#39;t know how much though.





There might be somewhere/someone on Sentosa that does it, but I don%26#39;t know.





If you are thinking doing the whole head and are willing to pay the price, then I have heard of a lady who does it - mainly for the blacks.



That costs a lot and it takes a lot of time - depending on the length and amount of hair. It%26#39;s in the S$200+ and up range. I have seen her work and it is good - just as good as those in the ';black neighbourhoods'; in the US or Europe.Hope I%26#39;m not being racist when I use that term, but the euphemisms keep changing with the times!!! And I have done that a couple of times in an ';all black'; salon, but overseas, not here. There is one I regularly go to when I%26#39;m in that country.



Hair braiding. Where and how much?


Thanks. That is really helpful. I am difinately not paying that for the girls but at least I won;t waste a lot of time looking once I am there.




Don%26#39;t bother looking - I have been to Singapore several times and hoped to get my daughter%26#39;s hair done but they don%26#39;t do it there. She had to wait until we went to Thailand to get it done.





Have a great holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment