Friday, April 13, 2012

Guaranteed late check-out

Are there any hotels that give room rates with a guaranteed late check-out? I don%26#39;t mind paying a bit extra for the room at the outset but don%26#39;t want to rely on our room/any room being available if we ask on check-out date - we have our little boy with us.

Good budget so if it is one of the 5 star hotels then so be it.

Flying back in from Perth for 2 nights but flight back to uk is not until later in the evening.

Thank you.

Guaranteed late check-out

Hi there,

I am always dubious about guaranteed late check-outs. I had booked a Singapore hotel deal with one because I had an evening flight to Europe. Early that afternoon my keycard wouldn%26#39;t work in my room door %26amp; went to reception to be told I had to get out of my room (I was supposed to get 6pm, but reception then told me it was 2pm).

So frustrating. I had confirmed the late checkout with one receptionist on arrival, but on the day I was leaving I dealt with another person who said no, and could only give me 2pm. I showed my booking paperwork with 6pm checkout written on it, but they still said no - another guest needed the room. I was not happy!!

Guaranteed late check-out

Hello Kingseat,

Usually if a guaranteed late checkout would be stated on the details when you book the room - it%26#39;s treated as like an offer from a certain promotion. *if you added on as a request - then it is subjective to availability*

Denise, if yours is of the former case, you have a case to fight your rights and refuse to budge, because that%26#39;s an offer offered to you in the package. You could argue on your grounds that you booked the room only because they offered a late checkout. And if they refuse, you could well demand a rebate of fees.

As for Kingseat, i%26#39;m not sure when you are checking into sg, but if it is within low peak season like what it is now... usually you dont have to worry as they have ample rooms to play with.

Hotels differ in policies with regard to whether they are will to even charge you extra for the few hours, and most dont count by hours. they count by a night stay.

Cheers,

Suying


Hi Suying,

My incident with a late checkout not being honoured ocurred over a 18 months ago. I was going to fight it %26amp; demand a refund or an apology, but after leaving Singapore that day I was heading to Europe for 9 months. I didn%26#39;t want to spend time emailing back and forth to the hotels management making a formal complant while I was travelling in Europe. I wrote a review of the hotel on Tripadvisor mentioning the incident, and will never stay there again.


Hi Denise,

Sorry to hear that. May I ask which hotel that is?

Regards,

Suying


Hi Suying,

I just think my checkout problem was with one not very pleasant %26amp; rather rude reception staff member. As I first said, on arrival at the hotel another person there had said OK to the late checkout and was very nice. Just one of those frustrating things that happen when travelling.

Now I always make sure I note down the staff members name when I confirm issues like late checkouts. Then if I get a conflicting answer later on I can refer them back to the original receptionist. I am polite, but firm!


A club room in Marina Mandarin guarantees an 8pm checkout, never had a problem there.


We%26#39;ve just booked an exec level room at the Conrad which is offering 6pm checkout (albeit subject to availability!).

AC


Will have a look at the Conrad. Thank you.

I don%26#39;t know Singapore well enough but would it be feasible to check-in to the airport hotel that I believe you can book for 6 hourly periods?

It would mean going to the airport earlier but I also believe there is a pool?


Looked at the Marina Mandarin but can%26#39;t find any indication of an 8 pm check out.


Hi, we had a club rooma t the Novotal Clarke Quay, I think the check out was 4pm, but we headed straight for the club lounge til 9pm with no problem.

Also have paid $S100 for a half day at the Swissotel Merchant Court so you can factor that in to your stay and be certain you have the room til you need it. Worth the money when kids are involved....

I would have thought any of the 5 star places would be good for a late check out when you go club floor.

Haggis

  • myspace pictures
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment