Friday, April 13, 2012

Budget Traveller

Hi everyone! I need your expert opinions for my First travel to Singapore.be there for 4 nights and staying at Summerview hotel.was not aware of the mixed reviews of the place until i browsed TA forums..don%26#39;t mind the rooms as i am not a picky traveler.I just want to know if its on good location..near MRT,Orchard and SUNTEC CITY?



travelwithsuying,need your expert tips please...!!



Much as i will be delighted to hear from others too..



Thanks in Advance



Budget Traveller


Have not stayed at this hotel so unable to comment on the facilities/service.



But it is in a good locality. Lots of local eateries.



The nearest MRT station is Dhoby Ghaut which is about a 5 - 10 mins walk.



Budget Traveller


Thanks ShuangMt for the quick reply.I%26#39;m gald there is an MRT near the place..



have a nice day!!



mzanjoe




Why not go for IBIS Hotel which is directly opposite Summerview. IBIS is brand new and will open on Thu 12-Feb-09. I have done a review of IBIS today and added pictures.




Remembering at all times that reviews are only the opinions, many enhanced by some people%26#39;s over expectations, and under payments, and should only be used as a rough guide.



Where I like to stay mostly has very good to excellent reviews, with which I agree, occasionally someone posts an astonishing damming of the place, born I suspect by the fact that little pleases them. Like the saying goes, %26#39;%26#39;you can%26#39;t please all the people, all the time.



Enjoy Singapore, it%26#39;s a great place.




Hi zanjoe,





Not sure if you%26#39;ve already BOOKED/Paid for the Summerview hotel, but if you havent, Ibis might be a good choice as recommended by Kevin.





However, both the location is about the same... and it will take about 15-20mins walk to get to the nearest Bugis MRT Station. Remember to head for the right direction! Cut through the Fu Lu Shou/Albert Complex and then cut through the Bugis Market Street before you reach the MRT.





You could view it as this link:



streetdirectory.com/asia_travel/…





You would be near the ethnic districts of Bugis and Little India than to Orchard. =)





You could walk to Suntec City if you are interested for a leisure evening walk. However, same thing, have to be good with your map! Else you would be walking aimlessly and might get lost.





If you arent a walker-fanatic, then take the MRT from Bugis to Cityhall for Suntec City, it%26#39;s just a stop away.





For Orchard you would have to switch train at City hall to get to it.





Cheers,



Suying




When I asked before I booked the Ibis I was told it was a 5 minute walk to Bugis MRT I know people walk at different speeds but can anyone tell me distance rather than time.




Hi everyone!!



Kevin-sg sorry to say but I already have a booking for Summerview for 4 nyts on the 21st of April.But thanks for your concern anyways...



ddigs: yeah you have a point there.. I have yet to see and experience the place, i guess.thanks



Travel with Suying: that would be a great help for first timers like me..I can%26#39;t wait to be in Sing..!thanks



will let you know guys about my upcoming trip..





have a nice day!!1



mzanjoe




Hi Noodle,





I%26#39;m not sure exactly how to calculate the distance between these two spots, but by taxi calculator website, it appears to be 1.62km. (But this is the taxi route)...





I%26#39;m not an expert in map reading, but if you calculate manually using the street directory website... by linear measurement along the road to reach Bugis MRt, it should be around 500metres?





Cheers,



Suying




IBIS Hotel is about 500 m to Bugis MRT station.




Thank you very much for the measurments, if anyone goes to the Ibis hotel before the end of March I would be grateful to know what you think.


  • rimmel
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment