Friday, April 13, 2012

American woman's sizes

Do they have larger sizes available in women%26#39;s wear? I am not a plus size but usually take a 14 or 16. I live in Korea and can%26#39;t buy clothes anywhere here. So, I%26#39;d like to find nice vacation spots where I can also shop. I%26#39;m a teacher, so I need practical things for work, no high end stuff.



American woman's sizes


Hi Joyfisch,





Sg%26#39;s shopping malls offers different price range for different income shoppers. So even along the orchard road shopping malls, you%26#39;ll be able to find reasonable rate for clothings.





As for the bigger sizes, perhaps you could try shops like The Robinsons, OG, Takashimaya departmental stores.





Cheers,



Suying



American woman's sizes


Many non-asian women shop at Marks %26amp; Spencers since they carry ';larger'; (normal) sizes. There are 3 or 4 stores in Singapore.



Another store is Dorothy Perkins (UK based, i believe) located in the Plaza Singapura Shopping Center on Orchard Rd.



(there is also Marks %26amp; Spencer in the same mall)





As mentioned in the earlier post, many of the big dept. stores carry larger sizes these days.




As suggested by previous posters, you could try M%26amp;S. In Asia, this UK brand stocks sizes up to a UK20 (US16). I don%26#39;t agree that department stores like Robinsons or worse still, Takashimaya (being Japanese), have anything bigger than a US6. I%26#39;m 5%26#39;7'; and wear a US8/10 and I%26#39;ve never been able to find anything to fit in the mentioned department stores (I was shopping in SG 2 days ago). I am, however, able to shop at M%26amp;S, Warehouse, Principles, Gap and Banana Republic.





Woe to us ';big'; girls ;)




One of my first stops on an emergency shopping trip to Singapore tends to be Promod in Paragon. I%26#39;m UK 10/12 and find the medium sizes often fit fine. Similarly a teacher and in need of practical but not too fusty clothes for work.




Note that the OP said ';American'; sizes, not UK.




That%26#39;s why I specified my UK sizes, I believe american sizes are ';smaller'; than UK sizes so a US 12 is a UK 14 or thereabouts. Anyway, I went to Promod€€ and the mediums still fit me fine.




Actually a US8 is a UK12 ... I buy enough Gap and Warehouse to get my sizes sorted! ;)




Lol, Gap are great, I always shed an size or two with their clothes. Sizes vary so much with different stores that I%26#39;ve pretty much given up on looking at the numbers although I still cringe when I have to buy an XXl in Vietnam.




No kidding huh, Vietnamese women are very small! KL%26#39;s local designers are prob marginally better, at least I%26#39;m an XL here but everything%26#39;s cut so short, even with XLARGE! LOL




Ok so I am a 16 aussie size which i think is a uk 16 too.





What would I be in an American size (think I can feel a smile coming on)and where do I find Marks and Spencer in Singapore please?

No comments:

Post a Comment